By car or by bus
Highway A32 Turin-Bardonecchia direction Frejus exit for Avigliana East
- From the Col de Montgenèvre towards Cesana, continue to Oulx where you may choose to take highway A32 (turin-Bardonecchia) to the exit for Avigliana East, or carry on along the SS24 at Montgenèvre to Avigliana in the direction of the lakes.
- From Frejus tunnel you may choose to take highway A32 (Bardonecchia-Turin) in Bardonecchia to the exit at Avigliana East, or carry on along the SS 24 at Montgenèvre to Avigliana in the direction of the lakes.
At the roundabout as soon as you exit the highway, follow signs for Giaveno Sacra di San Michele and enter the tunnel. At the tunnel exit, at another roundabout: follow signs for Lakes of Avigliana and Giaveno and then for the Sacra di San Michele. Park in the Piazzale Croce Nera (approximately 10 minutes from the abbey).
- For buses and vehicles with a width greater than 2 m, one way traffic is obligatory with ascent from Avigliana, and descent to Giaveno.
- For cars, that restriction also applies on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- For search on satellite navigation and Google Maps, type: SACRA DI SAN MICHELE ABBEY or click here.